Welcome to Cairoappliances
Cairoappliances is an eCommerce platform that sells home furniture, goods and also an end to end community connects home professionals with homeowners who can browse home designs, furniture, accessories, and products and also can find reviews, referring professionals, take advice from professionals and read articles about home improvement.
Collection of Information
We collect information (i) from you directly; (ii) from third parties, and (iii) automatically when you use our site.
In general, we collect information as follows:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on the Cairoappliances platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide. You also will be asked to create a profile on the site. If you do, profile information such as your name, username, current projects, demographic information, and any photo you submit may be displayed publicly by us. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact us at hello@Cairoappliances.com. You have an obligation to provide us accurate information.
- Public Content: We collect and store the information that you post to the site, including your photos, comments, ideabook, and profile information.
- Communications: When you communicate with us through the site or otherwise, we maintain a record of your communication. In addition, when you call a Cairoappliances professional using the number displayed on the professional’s Cairoappliances page, we may collect certain analytic data.Similarly, when you submit information to a Cairoappliances professional through their Cairoappliances professional profile, we may collect and maintain that information on the professional’s behalf; however.
- Site Activity and Automatically Collected Information: We collect and may store information about your use of the site (including our mobile applications), such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Third-party Services & Contacts: If you elect to connect your Cairoappliances profile to another network or service provider like Facebook or Google, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contact information with Cairoappliances. If you agree to this sharing, in order to facilitate a more connected experience, we may send notices so that you and your contacts can find each other on the Cairoappliances platform.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect for purposes such as to provide the site’s functionality; improve the site’s quality; personalize your experience; tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you; offer location customization, and otherwise offer personalized help and suggestions; track usage of the site; provide feedback to businesses and professionals whose products or services are listed on the site; display relevant advertising (on our site and third-party sites); evaluate the success of our advertising; provide customer support; communicate with you about your use of the site and any orders; allow third parties to contact you through the site; respond to your inquiries and requests; send you marketing communications and otherwise message you; back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery; enhance the security of the site; fulfill transactions authorized by you on the site; use as otherwise requested or consented to by you; and to comply with legal obligations. In addition, we use the information we collect to better understand how users access and use our site and services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our site and services, respond to user desires and preferences, develop additional products and services, and for other research and analytical purposes. From time to time, we may also offer contests or promotions and will use the information we collect to administer such contests, promotions, and surveys, to analyze the results for research purposes, and to comply with legal requirements related to such contests and promotions.
Sharing Your Information
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third-parties to use for their own marketing purposes. However, in some cases, Cairoappliances may allow third parties, including other users and Cairoappliances partners, to contact you through the site, including for marketing purposes. Additionally, any information that you share publicly through your profile is available to third-party users of and visitors to the site; we cannot control such third parties’ use or further disclosure of your information. We may share some information about you with third parties in connection with your use of the site. Our information sharing with third-parties generally fall into these categories and purposes:
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the site, fulfill your requests or provide customer support.
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information in de-identified or aggregate form, with third parties, such as advertisers, professionals, and other businesses. For example, we may disclose to business the number of users that have viewed their product.Business or professionals that participate on the Cairoappliances platform may also access usage data associated with your public profile. For example, a business can see that you, as identified by your public profile username, any profile photo, and any other publicly displayed profile identifiers (but not identified by your email or non-public account information), added their product to one of your ideabook on a particular date.
- Other Users: Information that you post publicly on the site (e.g., photos, comments, your profile) will be made publicly available to other users of the Cairoappliances platform. The information that you post to the site is intended for public consumption, including your photos, comments, design books, and profile information. By posting on the site, you agree to permit us to disclose publicly the material you post.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we believe that such investigation or disclosure is (a) necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the site; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
When you join the Cairoappliances platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service you will receive the Cairoappliances newsletter about the offerings and features on the site. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails from us that may be of interest to you as a member of the Cairoappliances community. We may also ask you to consent to receive text message communications from us. You can manage your email and notice preferences in account settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us. However, you may opt out entirely of receiving any text messages – promotional, transactional or otherwise – from us.
Additionally, by joining, you are agreeing to receive feedback and communications from third-parties within the site, including third-party providers of products or services who may comment on your postings within the site. If you don’t want third parties to see such information, you should not post it to your profile or the site.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
You may opt-out of tracking by third parties for certain advertising purposes (as discussed) which can help you control targeted advertising by third-parties that track your activities across sites. It may be possible to disable certain cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use the site. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of cookies, please do not use this site.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the site in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies or opting out of ad networks).
Third Party Advertising.
As noted, we work with third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on third-party websites or other media, and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, including facebook, google, and others (both Facebook and Google offer additional ways to opt out of certain advertising activities, and maintain their own privacy policies that address their interest-based advertising services). We also may work with third parties to display ads on our site.
Opting out from one or more companies will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you based upon your activities on multiple websites, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our site or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or you subsequently delete your cookies, you're opt out may not be effective.
Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets.
Choice and Access to Your Personal Information.
The site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at hello@Cairoappliances.com, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We have implemented security safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the internet or via a mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and personal information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
Links to Other Sites.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
Cairoappliances does not profit directly from content uploaded by users unless it was paid advertisement. Cairoappliances is a social network connecting homeowners and home professionals. However, Cairoappliances expects users of the Cairoappliances platform to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Users who have uploaded content have represented and warranted that they have the rights to permit Cairoappliances to use it on the Cairoappliances platform. If you infringe copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others, your content may be removed or suspended in whole or part. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and our discretion, to disable and/or terminate accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are charged repeatedly with infringing the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Cairoappliances infringe your copyright or trademark rights, you may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work or trademark claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works or trademarks located on the Cairoappliances platform are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Cairoappliances to locate the material on the Cairoappliances platform;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Cairoappliances to contact the complaining party, such as the name, address, telephone number, and email address of the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please be advised that Cairoappliances will not respond to complaints that do not meet these requirements. If homonly remove those materials pursuant to a court order declaring the content or use of the materials unlawful.
Notices and counter-notices with respect to claims of copyright infringement on the Cairoappliances platform must be sent to hello@Cairoappliances.com.